The InterAcademy Council/IAP for Research is undertaking a three year project that will be framed around the global science community’s contribution to achieving the v (SDGs) of the United Nations.
The Policymaking for the SDGs meeting was held in New York from 15-16 August 2016. The working group (WG) reached consensus on the project objectives and agreed that the project will explore:
(1) the strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for global science advice in the context of the UN’s SDGs and with reference to the role of the science academies.
(2) how to optimise regional and national evidence-based implementation of the SDG.
(3) the changing architecture of science that is required to meet these goals.
(4) the most challenging issues in implementing the SDGs to which science and technology can contribute.
The project will complement related initiatives of ICSU, the International Network of Government Science Advisers (INGSA) and others. The WG will meet again, most likely in Paris, on 1-2 February 2017.
For more information, visit the project web page.
– The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) brings together established networks of academies of science, medicine and engineering.
– The Council of Finnish Academies is the Finnish member of IAP.